December 9, 2010

12 days of Christmas: Emily and Ann edition

Ann and I LOVE Christmas. Actually, let me rephrase that... I have always completely and obsessively LOVED Christmas, and recently Ann decided (as in this year) that she was going to LOVE it as well. Why do we love Christmas so much? Because what is not to love about Christmas cookies, movies, pictures, trees, decorations, music, nutcrackers, Santa, family, warmth, hot chocolate, space heaters, lights, and... well, you get the idea. Christmas is great and I'm sure we're all in agreement that it is the most wonderful time of the year.

I was trying to think of something fun to do around Christmastime. I guess I should say something ELSE fun to do since everything is fun around Christmas. While I think writing a lot of posts about how much I adore this time of year is fun, I am sure some people might disagree. So, since Ann now LOVES Christmas, we decided to do a 12 days of Christmas: Emily and Ann style. This means for 12 days, we are going to make a super fun and cheesy Christmas craft (or recipe), and write all about our fun times here. (someone might read this blog and give us our own tv show, just sayin') Get excited. Yes, we did pick 12 random days, but this is in Emily and Ann style so really we can pick whatever days we want. All you have to do is check the blog daily (hourly, minutely, whatever you prefer...) to read what Emily and Ann will do next... So, without further ado..

(Everyone sings...) On the first day of Christmas my true loves (Emily and Ann) gave to me...

a homemade Merry Christmas garland (that they saw in Southern Living the Idea Home)

FYI/BTW, you can definitely fit all of those lyrics in if you just sing them super quickly.  We went to the Southern Living Idea House in Senoia on Sunday. They had made a Happy Holidays garland out of scrapbook paper. Since Ann and I are good citizens, we did not steal the garland, but we did decide to make our own. It is very easy and, not to brag or anything, but looks super cute when done.

Tracing circles for the background
Cutting out letters and circles (snaps for MC for cutting since some people are scissor impaired...)
Ann gluing the letters on the circles. She spent the next hour freaking out and picking off the glue left on her fingers.
Stringing on to make a garland
Finished product!

The Southern Living House will be calling us pretty soon trying to use this garland in a home... I just know it. The picture isn't too wonderful. Maybe my little photographer sister will take a better picture once it is hung.

Coming up tomorrow: What do your true loves (Emily and Ann, duh) give you on the second day of Christmas?

3 comments:

MaryCaroline said...

The garland turned out great! I can't wait to hang it in the house!

Ruth said...

This is so beautiful. You know me and my crafts.

Magdalena said...

I remember those! Very crafty:)