October 28, 2011

happy hallo-ongweek

Halloween is fixin' to be here. This is exciting for 2 reasons. Reason #1- It means we are THAT much closer to Christmas. Reason #2- It means we are THAT much closer to Christmas. Reason #3- There is candy everywhere.

Reason #1 is so important I felt that it needed to be reiterated. 

I've never been one to get super excited for Halloween. It is exciting that my grocery shopping is a whole lot easier this time of year because all that it involves is CANDY. Done and done. But I spend most of my year counting down for my birthday (DUH) and for Christmas, so Halloween is more of a marking point in my journey to get to Christmas! and Christmas movies! and Christmas cookies! and Christmas trees! and Santa Claus!

There are only 57 more days until Christmas, y'all. Get excited with me. 

I bet you thought this post was going to be about Halloween, didn't you? 

This pre-Halloween week has been a long one. Literally, I think several hours or days or Energizer batteries were added to this week because it is just going on and on and on. BUT have no fear, Friday is here! Also, last night some of the ATL food trucks were in Decatur and honeybuns, my tummy has never been so happy. (other than all those other times it was happy with good food). Seriously though, that food was delicious. Tacos, risotto balls, and GELATO. Blueberry cheesecake and hazelnut nutella gelato to be exact. 


This week also featured Mr. Diddy's heart surgery. In the midst of being extremely worried and nervous about this, Mr. Diddy did what he always does best: comforted people with his wonderful humor. Here he was, lying in pre-op hooked up to just about every machine and drug you could imagine, and he was quizzing Ann on the molecular structure of sugar and table salt. He was telling us how glad he was that the Varsity was on the way home so he could get some after this was all done (heart surgery has obviously made a huge impact on this man). I couldn't help but smile and laugh and want to give him a big 'ole kiss on that one spot of his forehead that wasn't covered with some kind of tube and tell him I loved him (which I totally did do, btdubs). Anyways, surgery went very well and he is plugging along at Piedmont trying to get well enough to come home. 
What a little pre-op cutie!


Some more pictures from hospital day...
Russell carried his baby, Mac, around around with him everywhere. Aw, such a protective father. 

And this guy who is saving our planet by choosing to ride a horse down Peachtree St. 


Thank you all for your prayers and happy thoughts going into this week. I know the Dids appreciates it tremendously. Now, let's go celebrate Halloween and the imminent return of CHRISTMAS. 

No comments: