March 15, 2012

on working hard and playing harder

Once upon a time I swore I would never go to college and get a dance degree. I went on to say that I would never teach ballet, especially to children. I had taught ballet to young kids for years and always thought I would end up doing something else. Well folks, life is puhretty funny. Because here I am...about to graduate college with a dance degree and continue on with my new job of teaching dance to the cutest kids in Atlanta with a great new studio. And I couldn't be more excited about it. Freds told me I was obviously just denying the things that I really wanted to do.  

I have spent the week in Charleston training for my new teaching job. The studio originated in Charleston and brought a location to Atlanta this last year. Teaching proper dance technique to kiddos is no joke and I have had the pleasure of observing, learning, and teaching a grand total of seventeen classes this week. Seventeen! This is a dream come true for a dance freak like me. As if reliving my glory days of ballet classes and rehearsals in the studio life wasn't exciting enough, I got to spend this week at the beach and in this beautiful city! !!! Exclamation points all over the place, people!!! 
!!!!

I met the sweetest teachers here in Charleston and am so excited to begin work with their studio this summer in Atlanta. So technically, while I did spend my spring break week working, I consider it more of playing. I got to work play dance with some sweet, sweet children and spend free time getting my freckles on at the beach. I also got to eat a plethora of nom-licious local food. Charleston, you were too sweet (and delicious) to me. Thanks for making me not want to return to the ATL tomorrow. I love you long time! Promise I will be right back. That promise only makes me feel better, I MUST COME BACK. 



p.s.--I often forget I do not have sun friendly skin. Every summer we go through the same thing. I'm like Heeeey body, let's go get our tan on! And my body responds, Heeey stupid pants, hope you enjoy your terrible sunburn! Well, if you can tell at all from the last picture my latest sunburn work of art is a two toned body. One side blood red and one side bright and white. It's called body art and I am the master. 

No comments: