November 6, 2012

Pining for Pinterest

I've never been one to do a lot of crafting. I have been one who always wanted to do a lot of crafting. When I first got a Pinterest account I was all like Ohhh, this is awesome! I get to look at pictures of things I'll never actually get around to making, but it is so nice to think about being the kind of person who would make them.

Then it hit me...why didn't I make some of the things I kept pinning? 

So I did! And let me tell you, I am hooked like an ornament on a Christmas tree (like the holiday reference?It's that time of year). 

The past few weekends turned into craft day weekends and I could not be happier about it. I want to pin a DIY medal so I can make myself a medal---that is how excited I am to have become a Crafter. Officially. It needs to be set in some letters after my name like, Emily C. Moore, PC. (Pinterest Crafter).

Yes? No? I'll work on it. 

And now, enough of this babbling nonsense. Let's get on to the crafts of the hour!

Ever seen this pin floating around?

As soon as I saw it I knew what my first craft would be. And it was so easy (as easy as 1-2-3).
1- Pick quote and find fun print. 2- Stick vinyl letters on print. 3- Paint over letters and peel off when dry.


Done, son. It looks mighty fine hanging up in my bedroom.

And this is the part when my obsession started. And got Ann and Freddiefriend involved. The rest of history.


doilies + canvas + spray paint = another craft as easy as 1-2-3.
1- place doilies on canvas with spray adhesive. 2- spray paint entire canvas. 3- peel off doilies.


Then my engineer Freddiefriend helped me get the most perfect chevron stripes for another craft...
                                                                                                                                                                                      photos: Ann Moore

I've crafted several other goodies. Pictures to come. But first I need to know, what have YOU been pining after on Pinterest?

3 comments:

MaryCaroline said...

I think a sweatshirt with a pocket of contrasting fabric sounds neat . . . .

Ashley said...

Love love love your projects!!! I want to see the chevron project!

Kayla Peveler said...

Love that you stopped by my blog, that way I can see yours! So cute and these crafts are ADORABLE girl!

I'd love to follow each other :)