March 19, 2013

i was born a ramblin' travelin' man/girl

Helene recently started this Travel Tuesday link-up. At first, I was like, Yes! More topics about which to blog?! How fun. Then I become more like, Wait, where have I traveled? What do I pick? Do I even have pictures of that? A.k.a.--I became LAZY and full of non-blogging excuses. It happens to the best of us.

Where have I traveled? Well, I've actually been quite a few places. I'm not a world traveler, by any means, and I have only gone about as far West as Louisiana, if that "counts" as being West. (it totally does to this East Coast girl). I have been up and down and all around the East and East Coast. I've even been to Niagara Falls and watched some water fall which was pretty amazing. I've also gone on a 6 country European trip, but that was a school trip so I am still deciding how to spin that one into a fun post...

The point is traveling is fun and I would love to do it more often. Possibly even venturing out to the scary western worlds past Louisiana this time.

If you have been reading my blog for awhile then you know my brother works at Disney World and has been working there for 6 years. That sentence should really read I am the luckiest sister in the world. My best friend works there, as well. Let's pretend that you all think Disney is such a cool place to visit, no matter what your age. Because it is and if you think otherwise then who are you?!

My family and friends and Freddie have been to Disney way too many times in the past 6 years. Like, once we tried counting how many times we have been and stopped once we got to the twenties.

I was going to be like Nooo, we are so not that crazy Disney family. But I really don't think I can say that right now without you rolling your eyes. It's true. We're only that half crazy family who happens to enjoy going to Disney because it's fun and magical and we get in for free. So, THERE.

Now I will stop trying to make you believe that Disney really is magical and you should go a few twenty times and just let you look the most glorious 6 year Disney photo dump in all the blog lands.

Brownie points for anyone who can correctly guess what my brother's job is at Disney :) And Emily brownie points are kind of a hot commodity...

These are pictures from my first 5k, the many parades we have seen (and been part of!), the meet and greets, the first time Freds came, the first time Freddie's family came, the tenth anniversary with my wonderful best friend, and so on and so forth. I feel like this is looking at baby pictures. We look so young. Ahh, 2007 why you so long ago? Thank goodness it is 2013 and drinking around Epcot is now a do-able thing.

Sorry I used only about 16 out of the 40 pictures I compiled. Buuuut, I think you kind of get the idea. Disney is really magical and go tell your brother to get a job there too.


Helene in Between

7 comments:

Helene said...

i have only been to disney once and i was a tot, i need to go again. and anything travel related counts as travel, does that make sense?! some people never even leave their state so you're pretty well traveled to me!!

Jess said...

Ha ha I wish my sister would get a job somewhere cool like Disney, or on a cruise, so I could take a vacation to visit her :)

My Travel Tuesday Post
Jess

Jena Roach said...

AHHH. I've never been and I want to so badly! Grahm did the Disney half marathon and he said it was awesome.
:) Totally on the bucket list.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I've only been to Disney once, for an evening, and so I HAD to see the Cinderella castle. I had friends that did a drinking tour de Epcot instead, and had so much fun.

Unknown said...

I'm considering the possibility of your brother actually being all the characters you're posing with. Perhaps. Also, super jealous you get in for free!

Kerr said...

I love Disney! I am so jealous you get to go so often.

Bhumi said...

I guess I can't guess Broseph's job, huh?