August 12, 2013

all the days shenanigans

The week days and weekends are running together lately. I mean, when I'm 2 weeks away from becoming somebody's wife and moving to a new home and state, a Monday vs. a Saturday really doesn't make much difference. I'm just over here counting down the days until I wear a long white dress all while packing up my 24 years worth of accumulated stuff and figuring out how to switch pharmacies. And insurance. And cell phone plans. And car titles. And Holy Last Name Change. 

Now, that's not to say I prefer Mondays over Saturdays because... gross. Mondays are so Monday and Tuesday mornings are much better, but that's beside the point. 

A simple weekend shenanigan update is just not good enough for all the going ons as of late. So let's just call this one a Life Update That Happens To Fall On The Day After The Weekend. I mean, that name is way more catchy than Weekend Shenanigans.

Not. 


one- Young Ann up and moved to college. When I say college, don't picture some dingy dorm room that's smaller that your mom's pantry. Ann's "dorm" room is the size of the bottom level of the White House. Or something. I don't exaggerate often so just know that her room with a fully furnished kitchen (hey, dishwasher) makes me want to go back in time 6 years to when I was moving into college and just laugh
two and three- My third and final bridal shower was yesterday. I feel like I only need to describe that with two words: chocolate fountain. People who starve themselves for their wedding, get on my level. This is the way to go.
four- Having your best friend forever and ever and eva in town for the entire 2 weeks before the wedding equals all the happy cry face emoticons. 

The End.
Sami's Shenanigans

7 comments:

Russ said...

You have done the impossible - brightened my Monday! Thank you!

Helene in Between said...

chocolate fountain?! yes. you bridal showers have rocked.

Alex[andra] said...

Sounds like your bridal showers are amazing! A chocolate fountain? Mmm...

Kayla Peveler said...

You are ROCKING that gorgeous blue strapless dress, ma'am! Love!!! :) EEEEEK. 2 WEEKS!!!!!! LESS THAN! :)

Ashley said...

I can't believe you're getting married in 2 weeks!!! So excited for you. And can we please have a conversation about your adorable blue bridal shower dress?!

Kenzie Smith said...

Wow, it definitely sounds like you have A LOT going on! Good luck with it all :D

Unknown said...

Precious post! I'm getting married in October and even though i'm two months out, the days are flying by! Congrats to you. Cant wait to see everything unfold.