December 11, 2013

more than a pinky promise

Here we are, back on track to fly through the week of wedding pictures. Let's call it the Week of Weiss Wedding pictures. Gosh dangit I love alliteration, but don't we all?! I also love rhyming which is why I married Freddie. So I can always say: ya ready, Freddie? That was precisely the title of my last wedding post which you can read here and soak up in the wedding picture goodness. 

Today we are going to relish in the beautiful moments that made up our ceremony. Aren't weddings so hilarious? You spend months, or even years, pulling out your hair over the perfect colors. The perfect flowers. The guest list. The shoes. The rings. The decor. Tablecloths or no? DJ or band? Dinner or apps? And then...it's all over in the blink of eye. Honestly, the easiest part of getting married is the actual getting married part. Our ceremony? 10 minutes, tops. 

But it was 10 minutes of absolute, without a doubt, pure bliss and lots of love. All I remember is not being able to stop smiling (or stop annoyingly giggle as the video shows...) Literally, I couldn't. It was like someone super glued my mouth up and I didn't even care. I didn't even notice the people staring at us. I didn't even see the look on the officiant's face at any time. I did notice the fly crawling all over Freddie's jacket. I noticed my soon-to-be husband vowing his life to his soon-to-be wife (which luckily, was me. Phew). 

 The smirk of an almost married man.

The string quartet was made up of women from my alma mater, Agnes Scott College. Yay, Scotties.

And here are the winning pictures. The ones that made me burst into sobby sobs when I first got the pictures. I've lost two grandparents within the past year, my grandfather dying a month before the wedding. Family is precious, and grandparents are especially precious. 

Fred Sr. up there with Amy, his sweet wife and then my twinsie of a mother with my not twinsie of a brother. 

5 bridesmaids and 2 maids of honor. I have the best of the best friends who all live way too far away.


And now...the moment you've all been waiting for...[drumroll, please]
Freddie's face, again! 

Just kidding...here comes the bride. 
All fat and wide! Doesn't that song always play through your head?
The walk across the field to the aisle felt miles. The walk down the actual aisle felt like it took 2 steps. K bai, Dad! Kiss kiss.

Reading 1: this precious quote. Reading 2: i carry your heart with me by E. E. Cummings

The weather! I mean, look at this! Remember my dad's rehearsal anti-rain dance? Worked like a charm.

Freddie and I wrote our own vows. There was no reciting after the officiant, Tony. However, there was a super last minute decision, meaning 5-10 minutes prior to the ceremony, that we would read the vows from the cue cards we had given Tony. We both had spent the entire day stressing over memorizing. Oh, and guess who didn't use their card once? If you guessed me, you are so wrong. I held on to that piece of paper like my life depended on it. Freds didn't even glance at his. Show off. 
My vows? Your run of the mill I never thought the guy eating pizza across from me on our first date would be the guy I would eat pizza with for the rest of my life. Freddie's vows? Gut wrenchingly beautiful. If I hadn't been so slaphappy and smiling like a loon I would have been crying like a bafoon. That man can write vows like a husband boss. 

 The kiss I thought I forgot all about. How can one forget a kiss that kissalicious?!

We did it!

Free hugs, come and get 'em.

And a quick kiss. We sealed the deal, time to party.

Guess what? It probably took you 5x longer than the ceremony actually lasted to just scroll through this blog. You're welcome.

For those curious about music choices played by the string quartet...
Grandparents, parents, and wedding party processional: Georgia On My Mind
Bridal processional: 'Til Kingdom Come
Recessional: Isn't She Lovely (the song playing when Freds proposed, awwww)

1 comment:

Allyssa said...

Beautiful wedding!! I love the bridesmaid dresses :)