October 7, 2015

currently: the let them eat brownies edition

eating //
I recently finished a Whole30 (more on that as soon as my brain and/or stomach can process all my feelings about it) and I'm kind of/sort of terrified to eat sugary things right now. But all I can think about is this brownie...and how scared I am to take a bite of it. But how badly I do want to take that bite because LOOK AT IT.

exploring //
Other than that one time we almost died because of 500 alligators (exaggeration level is high there), we have been exploring big, bad Houston. Food, parks, hiking trails, more food, hookah bars, and Central Market sammies, just to name a few exploration destinations. By exploring I mean we try to do a few new things every week, and yet we still have only explored about 10% of the city. Houston is huge, people. Huge. Ginormous. We'll never be done.

wearing //
I was going to try and post some super cute, Pinterest worthy outfit, but then I would be lying. So because the fact that a Pinocchio nose would make me look ruh-dic, I will tell the truth. I put on some workout pants, throw on a tank top (that doesn't usually fall under the category of workout tank, but I pretend it does), and I head out the door. Hours later I come home planning to shower and look halfway decent, but then I remember how badly jeans (unless you unbutton them and then what is the point?) suck so I just don't. The End.

admiring //
Anyone who has given birth. I bow down to you. I've been reading a lot (emphasis on the a lot/too many part) of birth story blog posts recently and no. For someone who likes gross things, I can't with the birthing thing. It's on a whole new level from zits and flakes of dead skin. For someone who wants to have a lot of kids, I grow more t-e-r-r-i-f-i-e-d of birth/post-birth with every dang sentence of every dang blog I read.

collecting //
Does anyone else save every single card ever given to them? I'm talking like that ballerina birthday card from your sixth birthday, or the Happy Graduation card from your neighbor four houses down, or even the Bed, Bath, and Beyond typed messages from your wedding gifts? Yeah, I'm that person who saves every single thing and I'm that person who has run out of room to store said cards. Every time I go through them I end up just getting sentimental and awwwwww-ing while reading them. Then somehow the piles stay the same size. Ohhhhh welllllllll. There could be worse things to collect (I did save all my old baby teeth as they came out when I was younger--ew).

Linking up with Anne and Jenna!

12 comments:

Ashley said...

Okk.....your ruh-dic is the best... I keep thinking of Donna from Parks and Rec.

I need to quit with all the sugar...I'm in a dance show in Jan and need you to tell me about Whole 30.

Also...the whole birth thing...it really is as painful as everyone says, BUT it's incredible to see what your body is capable of and the sweet little baby!! :)

Britton @ Southern Wife French Twist said...

Your birth fear cracked me up. A surprise pregnancy + birth stories = a terrible mix. Really, I just made myself remember that it's been done for 1000000000 years and to not get my heart set on anything when it came to labor. It made the obscene amount of hours not that bad. Also, I don't remember much so I'm not too scared to do it again, hahaha

Carly Messmer said...

I'm always terrified when Whole 30 ends. It's pretty inevitable I'll have a stomach ache no matter what. I'm pretty sure my first "food" the both times I did it was beer. Ha, terrible. Also, I'm likely an unsentimental person - I recently purged all of our closest and threw away most of our wedding cards. Am I cruel??

xx, Carly | carly blogs

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I'm gonna need about seven of those brownies, stat.

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

i had to stop reading birth stories because i was scaring myself silly, and i'm not even pregnant. lol.
i have thought about doing a whole30, but i don't think i have it in me. because, brownies.

Meg Taylor said...

Ugh I cannot read birth story blog posts. Just no. Mt bff just gave birth and texted me way too many unsolicited things about it. Now regarding much better things, those brownies look amazing and your sneakers look AWESOME. What brand?

Erin LFF said...

Excited to hear more about your Whole30 experience! I'm not participating in it but have actively been trying to cut out a lot of the processed/sugary stuff and it's HARD. Definitely in the withdrawal stage still!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing Whole30! My last day of my first Whole30 is 10/13. At this stage all I want is pizza and a cupcake even though I'm a little terrified of eating them. But it just sounds so delicious! I'm already planning round two in January because I know I will need it after the holidays!

I'm one of the weirdos who loves birth stories. I started researching things when I was about 16 and watched my first birth online then as well. Give me all the birth stories! ;)

Lita said...

Um...I totally save every card given to me too! EVERY SINGLE ONE. Kindred spirits you and I ;)

xo,
Lita

Kayla MKOY said...

Give me allllll the brownies. And sugar. And Mountain Dew. And sadly, cavities, cause that's what happens to me when I eat too much sugar! So dumb. I need to back off of the processed sugar more and eat better! Excited to hear about your whole 30 experience. And girl, birth scares the living crap out of me. But God designed our bodies to HANDLE it!!!! ;)

Anne said...

Haha, I felt exactly the same conflicting emotions at the end of Whole30. Way to do the program though! And I felt completely terrified/grossed out about the birthing thing beforehand too, but a lot of blog posts actually helped me... never thought I would be someone to say it, but it's amazing what women's bodies were created to do, and women are FIERCE for it. Who rules the world?!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Bahaha, I totally save EVERY single letter and note! I have boxes of them from highschool..you know passing notes. But also boxes of birthday and Christmas cards. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Haha.

Oh, and those brownies are calling my name!!!