January 15, 2016

friday favorites: the one where we won

Today is a day worth celebrating. 
All days are worth celebrating, of course, but today is a Friday and it's my half-birthday. Emphasis on my half-birthday part! 

Oh, no one celebrates half-birthdays? Okay, moving on. 
Favorite Song
Cassy O' by George Ezra
We like to go around the house singing and/or (mostly) yelling, "CASSY-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo." Try it, it's fun. 
Favorite Food
Never in my life did I think I would be typing these two words together as my favorite food: cauliflower rice. Yum! Seriously! Stop making that face at me! Sauté it up with a little oil, add in some onions and done. Unless you want to get really fancy and add in an egg. Well, not done because you still have to eat all of it, preferably in one sitting. I take that back. Save some for lunch tomorrow. It is so yummy, especially when you're on Whole30 and can't eat rice...

Favorite Show To Watch For A Second Time
Ugh, so this favorite point is actually unfair because my real favorite(s) (notice the plural) are Parks and Recreation (we've watched the series through too many times to count), The Office, 30 Rock, Scrubs...etc., etc. BUT currently my favorite show to watch for a second time is Dexter! I forgot just how much Dexter Morgan Weiss felt/feels like part of the family.

Favorite Pilates Move
Leg Pull Front
This is the sister move to the Leg Pull Back we all (WE ALL, right? right?) practiced several months ago. This is a great way to step up your planking. By taking off one foot you're causing instability that's going to help you figure out how to use your abdominals and shoulders to stabilize your torso and pelvis. Don't rock or lean side to side. That's cheating, and the Pilates gods will find you. 
Pro-tip: find the oppositional pull from the crown of your head to your heels before lifting off on foot.  Balance is all about opposition. Also, you might want to get your hips a liiiiiiittle more in line with your spine than I did. The Pilates planking gods are definitely coming after me today.

Favorite Moment Of The Week
When Freddie and I won the PowerBall Wednesday night!!!

Except not. January Fool's. 
Happy Friday!
Linking up with Karli and Amanda!

8 comments:

P!nky said...

DARN you didn't win the power ball, love the funny!

Great planking tips!

Carly Messmer said...

I need to try that cauliflower rice! I stopped watching Dexter after season 4 (I think the one with Trinity) is it worth finishing?

Anne said...

Well that would have been a good half birthday present! January Fools. We love the cauliflower rice too - that was one of those surprising things that I tried out during the Whole30 that Peter said, "well I don't like this vegetable, but you can make it that way again!" I did a baked version from Well Fed that was pretty darn easy.

Teresa said...

happy half birthday! people always think I'm crazy when I say that it's my half birthday and I don't understand how they don't know what that is... (: hope you have a cupcake or something! (:

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

I love Dexter so much. I'm almost done binge watching Gossip Girl and I'm totally going to rewatch Dexter next.

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

january fools hahahaha. i have made cauliflower rice once before, as fried rice. it was good, but i want to try it as mash 'potato'. maybe.

Emily Ballard said...

I've always wanted to try everything cauliflower.
apparentlyyyy someone said you can make it to taste like buffalo wings??
Idk but its quite the fab.
I need to try the rice!!

Hena Tayeb said...

half birthdays.. sometimes we barely get to celebrate actual birthdays.. last year my son took over our cake and made us sing to him!